Here’s my 108 in 2008 list. I haven’t looked at it or done any updates and with the realization that it’s FREAKING SEPTEMBER, I thought it a good time to do so. I’ll update in parentheses within the list.
1. develop and stick to a budget(still working on this but seem to kind of be doing better?)
2. seek information and guidance about buying a house(done!)
3. go to some open houses(did not do any openhouses but looked at a bunch of houses)
4. find the perfect place to live and buy it(done and done)
5. move up to a level four at work(done)
6. pay off or considerably down the two credit cards i have(done and have transferred a balance to a 0percent interest to help pay down the other one)
7. purchase furniture(done and paid it off)
8. purchase a washer and dryer(this was gifted from dad. done)
9. go on a date(did this. remember?)
10. get kissed (still hoping)
11. spend more time with friends(yes! this is crazy, managing time but I feel like I’m doing ok with it)
12. go see chrome and kizz( IN THREE WEEKS!!!)
13. find a class that allows me to write that trip off(the reality of reds. done.)
14. go see dyonisis. Seriously.(Lord. I want to so much. he’s in florida now and that is screaming my name.)
15. go visit Skillet.(sweet baby Vegas. I just need some more money!)
16. go to the lake this summer with the Cookster.(this did not happen this year. flop.)
17. work out regularly.(gah. sometimes I’m good and sometimes I’m bad. gah.)
18. wash my car weekly or bi weekly.(double gah. does the rain count?)
19. keep the interior clean and fresh(this was a pipe dream anyway.)
20. help work the frontier more this spring, before I move. (i miss the frontier.)
21. go to weekly w.w. meetings and always weigh in. (last weeks weigh in netted another one lb loss!)
22. go see my fam in Arkansas more than twice a year. (I’ve been there about for or five times this year)
23. vote. in every election this year.(done and done)
24. go to the dentist regularly.(done.)
25. get night guard made to stop the grinding of the teeth(DONE!!! and man does it make a difference!)
26. get my whoo haa checked. (gah. I can’t even remember the last time this happened.)
27. grow out my hair.(I can wear it in pigtails now!)
28. work through emotional issues regarding ex-him.( done. done. DONE!)
29. work through or at least begin working on emotional issues regarding dad and new her. (ehhh. so far so good.)
30. try not to vomit when meeting new her.( did not vomit.)
31. watch the five Oscar nominated films(am really not doing well on watching movies these days.)
32 get caught up on past television series thru netflix(got the office lined up as well as a few others)
33. read more classics.(flop)
34. visit a comedy club.(did this earlier and am going back in a few weeks to watch the redhead)
35. go to at least two exhibits at the OKC Art Museum.(have only been to one, but did view a film there so thats something.)
36. buy the gilmore girls series.(this was a housewarming gift from JOE)
37. go to at least three new theatre productions in addition to more than one at carpenter square.(done done and done)
38. audition for more than just carpenter square theatre.(done and but for the nyc trip would possibly be in a show right now. Oh well, more are next weekend)
39. get cast in a show(hopefully we can check this off next weekend)
40. organize receipts and get taxes to accountant.(haven’t even begun working on this yet)
41. find accountant.(or this either)
42. put refund into savings for house.(used refund for buying furniture)
43. go to some new places other than the Bin and Classics every weekend.(see previous post. this is soooo done.)
44. take a cooking class from Beau (good friend and chef at the Bin)(ehh. i’m not too worried about doing this now.)
45. wear sunscreen(it’s in my makeup and moisturiser)
46. wear sunscreen especially during purple pool(yes.)
47. take some time to visit the new nephew and babysit.(yep. and he’s delicious!)
48. organize photos on computer(not.)
49. figure out the full extent of new camera and software for photos(not yet.)
50. try some new restaurants(done! Cafe de Brasil was awesome as was Prohibition Room)
51. visit st. lukes(not yet. maybe next sunday)
52. set some weight goals for the next year.(still working on this years)
53. lose 30 by July 4th. (first goal)(this didn’t happen. was that 30 total? an additional 30? I’m still hovering between 38 and 40 total loss)
54. visit grandparents. soon. (suck. we lost Papa in March. Crazy Meme is still crazy)
55. find education classes in dallas/ft worth(not this year. no more $)
56. visit Rog and Ma while there(will do this soon, though. plans are in the works)
57. figure out how to upload the music on my iPod onto the new computer.(i am ignoring all of this until i get a new computer.)
58. upload cds onto itunes(see above)
59. utilize iPod more(see above)
60. get regular oil changes on car(done. and am due)
61. rotate tires on car(done)(and am due)
62. host dinner party(not yet)
63. host the help my new house look cool party(done. and it looks cool)
64. plant flowers at new house(not a whole lot this year.)
65. get massage once a month. or once every two months. whatever i can afford.( i can afford exactly none a month.)
66. mail Christmas cards. all of them.
67. mail birthday cards. before birthdays.
68. Be better about sending the stuff I buy to the actual people I buy it for.(i still suck at this)
69. get kissed again.(damn i was optimistic!)
70. tweak sprint bill.(done)
71. cut down on the drunk texting.(hah. the redhead will attest to this. have cut way back)
72. eat more vegetables.(ok)
73. make new recipes once a month(i’ve cooked about twice since moving in. I consist of lean cuisines.)
74. work on organization.(there’s still time)
75. buy some new clothes ala Tim Gunn
76. Get rid of old shoes(i did)
77. organize remaining shoes.(i have not)
78. get a facial($$$)
79 look into something to take lines out of forehead. Not botox but there has to be something we can stick in there? (have started investigating this)
80. Take nephew to water park during summer vacation(done and large time was had)
81. spend more time doing things with friends that doesn’t cost money.
82. make a list of those things to choose from.
83. watch more classic movies.
84. get piano tuned once it’s in the new house.(not yet, but have begun thinking about it so that’s something)
85. make steps towards taking lessons again.
86. write daily.(am better)
87. maybe begin writing a one woman show.(still want to do this but have no idea how to begin)
88. take yoga class weekly.(flop)
89. commit to four times a week at gym.(ok. I can still do it.)
90. try a new form of exercise, even if it’s scary.
91. do the Redbud Classic.(no redbud this year)
92 do Race for the Cure.(oct 4th)
93. be more organized about Team Wow/RFTC.(yes!)
94. Recruit more members of Team Wow/RFTC.(already!!)
95. Do another race of some sort. maybe more than one.
96. cheer on runners of the OKC memorial marathon with martha.(i moved into my house on that day!)
97. on annual trip to NYC, visit Cloisters.
98. on annual trip to NYC, catch a baseball game.
99. on annual trip to NYC, be able to shop at skinny stores.
100. on annual trip to NYC, see my Picasso at the Met.
101. Host Christmas party at new home.
102. go to wine tasting at the Bin.
103. take road trip with Gert.
104. go to a baseball game
105. invite more people to Fall Fest.
106. do NaBloPoMo. finish this year.
107. read more blogs.
108. continue my love for George Clooney (a given)
Ya know…I feel pretty damned good about things. My life is good and filled to the brim with kindness and generosity. On that note…I’m headed to the bed. . . because napping and dozing on and off for the last 16 hours wasn’t enough.